More than five million people visit hospitals each year with chest pain or other heart attack symptoms. Successful treatment of heart attacks is time dependent and must be initiated quickly. If you think you are having a heart attack fast action could save your life.
The Chest Pain Center at Roper Hospital’s Emergency Room has been designated a Level II Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC). Accreditation certifies that our center and staff are prepared to care for patients with heart attack symptoms in a rapid, systematic manner. This approach also ensures better monitoring of patients when it is unclear whether they are having a heart attack. The result is that patients are neither sent home too early nor needlessly admitted into the hospital.
All four of our Emergency Rooms include a chest pain center.
Chest Pain Center Features:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome
- A functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Skilled, experienced and caring staff