Diabetes may result in wounds that are slow to heal or may not heal properly. Care is directed at controlling risk factors and preventing complications. If needed, our staff will make a referral to the Wound Management program at Roper Hospital.
Wound management services available include:
- Comprehensive lower extremity evaluation
- Care for vascular or diabetes related ulcerations
- Lower extremity wound care
- Preventative care for diabetes-related foot complications
- Toenail and callus care for diabetics and others at risk for lower extremity problems
For information about wound management call (843) 743-2059.