The SCRUBS Mentoring program allows mature students who are seriously interested in a health career to work along with nursing staff at the bedside in a mentoring role.
- Candidates apply and are processed through the Volunteer Departments at Roper Hospital and Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital.
- Processing includes an interview, application, background checks, two step TB test, immunization documentation, reference letter and attendance at a scheduled Volunteer Orientation session.
- Minimum age is 16.
- Students completing 40 hours of mentoring earn a Certificate of Completion.
- SCRUBS mentoring students are scheduled through the Roper St. Francis Healthcare DreamPool Scheduling Office for three to four hours shifts during weekday daytime hours.
- The SCRUBS Mentoring program is very popular and often operates at capacity. Applicants are interviewed and accepted when there is an opening in the program.
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator’s Office directly at your location of choice and ask to apply for the SCRUBS Mentoring program:
316 Calhoun St.
Charleston, SC 29401
Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital
2095 Henry Tecklenburg Dr.
Charleston, SC 29414
Download the Volunteer Handbook.