An Educational Bridge to Practice
Roper Hospital offers an innovative 16-week program for the newly graduated registered nurse.
Recognizing the current gap between graduation and employment in our community, the post-graduate
internship offers new nurses the opportunity to continue development of practice through didactic classes and
mentorship of a clinical coach. This unpaid program provides a structured educational experience to strengthen
critical thinking and technical skills in a proctored clinical setting. Unit and shift preferences will be discussed in the interview process. Take advantage of this educational bridge to gain additional clinical experience while screening employment opportunities!
Advantages to the new graduate nurse include:
- Exposes new graduates to the diverse practice setting of Roper St. Francis Healthcare
- Provides visibility to nursing leadership and future employment opportunities
- Offers a dedicated mentor and a learning environment to enhance clinical skills and knowledge
- Provides the opportunity to develop skills in prioritization and organization in the acute patient care setting
- Offers clinical experience to strengthen employment marketability
- Eases transition to practice with no commitment to stay
- Graduation from an accredited Baccalaureate Nursing program
- Successful passing of the NCLEX exam
- Application, resume and cover letter stating reasons candidate believes he/she should be selected into this program
Program and Contact Information:
To learn more, contact Cathy Kenner at firstname.lastname@example.org.