In many cases, DVT symptoms may not be noticeable and may occur suddenly.
DVT symptoms include:
- Leg pain, usually starting in your calf, that feels like cramping and moves throughout your leg and foot
- Redness and warmth over the painful area
- Swelling in the leg, ankle and/or foot
- Vein swelling near the surface of the skin
Warning Signs of Pulmonary Embolism
If you have any of these warning signs, it’s imperative you seek medical attention right away.
- Shortness of breath that comes on suddenly
- Chest pain when you inhale
- Rapid pulse
- Coughing up blood
Learn how to prevent DVT.