Patients must be willing to take an active part in their rehabilitation process. Each patient must be able to participate in physical, occupational and/or speech therapy for at least three hours per day for a minimum of five days per week.
Admission criteria is based on Medicare guidelines and each case is reviewed for patients who are:
- Medically stable
- Require two or more forms of therapy (physical, occupational, speech therapy)
- Willing and able to participate in intense rehabilitation for three hours per day
- Have reasonable and attainable rehab goals
- Have a discharge plan other than a nursing home (ex. home with family support or private caregivers, assisted living, boarding home or retirement living)
For information regarding admission criteria call (843) 724-2842.
Upon admission you will be assigned a doctor that will follow you through the rehabilitation process. A social worker will also work with you during your stay to offer support, review your progress and assist with discharge planning and community resources.
What to Bring
It is helpful if a family member can be present during the admission process. Family members are asked to bring the following items on the day of admission:
- Loose-fitting clothing such as pants, shirts and sweat suits
- Non-skid shoes
- Personal toiletries including deodorant, toothpaste/brush, make-up, electric razor, etc.
- Assistive devices such as dentures, hearing aids & glasses
- List of medications taken at home (only applies to patients admitted from home)
- Medical insurance information (only applies to patients admitted from home)